Student Conferencing Room Pilot Program
Reserve a conferencing space throughout the semester!
This is a pilot program and we welcome your feedback at email@example.com.
The Hirsh Student Conferencing Room, Sackler 513, provides a space for individual or small groups of current Tufts Health Sciences students to conduct phone interviews, participate in virtual group meetings, and make phone/video calls. The room may be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours per day, with a maximum of 3 bookings per week. Longer reservations may be granted on a case-by-case basis by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the room does not have built-in videoconferencing technology and you must bring their own device for communication. If you need to borrow a laptop or iPad, you can check one out from the Library Service Desk on the 4th floor of Sackler.
Rooms are not soundproof so please keep conversations at a respectful volume and consider using headphones.
. Faculty and staff members needing spaces should visit roomscheduling.tufts.edu.
Hirsh Library Student Conferencing Room Booking Policy:
- The conferencing room (Sackler 513) is available to individual or small groups of current Tufts Health Sciences students to use for video conferencing or phone calls.
- Each individual/group may make one booking per day for a maximum of two hours, and may make up to three bookings per week.
- Reservations must be made by 11:59pm the night before the reservation and will be accepted up to two weeks in advance.
- The reservation schedule will be posted daily outside the room. Users without reservations must vacate the room when requested by users with valid reservations.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes, after which the room will be made available to others on a first-come, first-served basis. The room will also revert to first-come, first-served if it is vacant at any point during the reservation block. Leaving your personal belongings in the room does not reserve it.
- As a courtesy to others, please cancel your reservation if you will not be using the space--just click the link provided in your confirmation email.
- If not reserved, the room is available for use on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to groups of two or more.
These rules are in place to help ensure fair and equitable room access for all Tufts University Health Sciences Students. Abuse of online room signups could result in loss of future reservation privileges across the room reservation system.
To book the room, please select the date and time below. You may book in 30 minute increments up to a maximum of 2 hours per day. Time slots must be consecutive.
You will need to enter the following on the booking form:
- Your name
- Tufts email address
- Reservation nickname (this will be what is publicly shown on the room schedule)
- School affiliation
- Whether your reservation is for an individual or a group
- Group member names, if applicable
To view a day's reservations, select the date you want to view and click on the "Confirmed Bookings" button below the mini-calendar.